Since the weather man has predicted that it will freeze tonight (it's JUNE forcryinoutloud!) I went out to the garden and covered up my tomatoes. Just five minutes later the kids were shouting, "There are mumblemumble in the yard! There are mumblemumbleagain in the yard!"
"What's in the yard?" I said as I ran to see what was going on.
"Look! Right there!"
Here is what I saw.
Mama Duck and the Baby Ducks were in the garden! (But not the freshly weeded Raspberry patch. Kindly ignore the weeds.)
We offered them bread crumbs, but they weren't interested. Only a few minutes later they trekked back across the lawn to the potato field next door where there is some standing water. The ducklings were soo cute scurrying behind their mama! Sometimes when I'm at the grocery store I think I must look like a mama duck. I'm glad I don't have eight!
Those baby ducks are so cute! That totally just made my day.
ReplyDelete